big zinky is an ongoing series of live presentations devoted to the very real differences between freedom and DEBT in our rapidly confusing world. Presented by kirkus obscura, a gift economy*, big zinky is free to the general public and runs approximately 55 minutes. Groups of 20 or more wishing to schedule a free performance at jones gallery studio or other comparable location should call Ned Ludd at 310-895-9945 for available presentation dates & times. * In the social sciences, a gift economy (or gift culture) is a society where valuable goods and services are regularly given without any explicit agreement for immediate or future rewards (i.e. no formal quid pro quo exists).
Information on becoming a working member of jones studio gallery is by appointment only. Please call 310-895-9945 to set up an appointment date and time. All applicants need to have a minimum of 20+ works ready for display over a two-three month period.
– Open Call for Artists Show Guidelines
1. All work must be presentable:
- – clean, dust, & odor free
- – varnished (if applicable)
- – fully dry
- – ready to hang (framed if needed, with wire hanger)
2. Art should be protected
- -Works on paper and photographs should be matted and framed
(unframed work on paper & photographs will not be accepted)
- -Acrylic and oil paintings should be varnished and sides should be finished
3. All art must be original.
4. Giclees should be limited editions (framed, numbered, and signed).
5. 3-D pieces, artist may need to provide a stand/base & 3-D glasses.
jones studio gallery has the right to refuse any artwork considered unsuitable.Art is to be picked up immediately following the show, unless other arrangements have been made with the jones studio galley. jones studio gallery is not liable for art left after scheduled pick up dates.
Artist will be charged $10 fee per day for storage if left after pick up dates.